Thursday, March 1, 2012

My new boyfriend: Cold Coffee

What medical school does to you...
Makes you into a coffee addict.

Prior to starting med school, I didn't drink coffee; I hate the taste. I had it a couple of times in college when I really needed to stay awake, but it was literally a couple of times at desperate moments. Needless to say, I was NOT a coffee drinker. I thought it was all psychological; if you really want to stay up and study, you can.

Oh boy, was I wrong!

Within the second week of med school - I was going by NY bagels at least 2 times a week to get coffee. And pretty soon, I was needing coffee at least 5 days a week, which brings us to where I'm at now. NY bagels was getting quite pricey, so I looked into buying a coffee maker. My roommate doesn't drink coffee, so it was pretty much an investment for me. I decided against it, and went the 'Instant Coffee' route.

I still don't really like the taste of coffee, I definitely have to put a lot of sugar, which makes me question if it's the caffeine or the sugar that's doing the trick...?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right. I'm at the point where if I don't get my morning cuppa.... just... leave me be, ha ha.

shades_of_red said...

Hahaha :)

Post a Comment